or pay with Venmo Use code cc ymca
April 3-17, 2023
The 38th Annual Strong Kids Sustaining Drive kickoff celebration will be held at Angelo’s on Monday, April 3, 2023 from 5:30-7:00pm. From 5:30-6:00pm volunteers will be able to select pledge cards and at 5:30pm the 38th Annual Strong Kids Sustaining Drive Chairperson- Rodney Davis and Bruce Blanshan, YMCA Executive Director, will speak on the importance of the drive.
How does the YMCA benefit the
people of Christian County with
solutions to common problems…
Problem: A woman in her late sixties was widowed recently and her family lives miles away.
Solution: She joins the YMCA and walks with new friends every day and enjoys the YMCA Aquatic Exercise Program.
Problem: A young divorced mother of two, ages 6 and 9, works in Decatur and has to be at work at 7:00 a.m. How can her children be well supervised and get to school?
Solution: The YMCA Before and After School Program is available to help working parents from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and provides transportation to and from school.
Problem: Siblings enjoy video games and watching a lot of television. A recent school physical reveals that a less active lifestyle has put the siblings at risk of obesity & diabetes.
Solution: Both join the YMCA and participate in YMCA Youth Sports Program and swim three days a week after school.
Problem: School is out for the summer and Mom has a new job and three kids have with no-where to go.
Solution: YMCA Summer Day Camp is the solution to help with all day child care, providing excellent supervision, quality curriculum and a lot of fun.
The YMCA needs your help. The strength of the YMCA comes from supporters like you who want to help children, and families experiencing severe financial hardship.
YMCA Sustaining Drive Funds Support
Your contribution to the annual drive keeps providing the following successful programs.
- Each year, provides scholarship memberships to over 200 boys, girls, adults, and families.
- Over 100 children attend YMCA Before and After School Program, and School’s Out Program.
- YMCA Day Camp attendance averages 650 campers every summer.
- Youth Aquatic Program effectively teaches over 300 boys and girls the importance of water safety and the development of learning proper swim skills.
- YMCA Basketball Program, Bitty Ball, Fall Soccer, Spring Soccer, and Skills Program has 600 participants yearly.
- More than 200 children will benefit from YMCA Healthy Kids Day on Saturday, April 29th at the YMCA.
- YMCA Jr. High Teen Center Program is one of the finest in the United States, successfully serving an average of 75-100 teens every Friday night during the school year.
- YMCA grade school parties average 75 children enjoying the facility features.
- The YMCA provides a thirty-day rehabilitation membership to anyone having recent surgery or major medical health problems. Cooperation and approval of physician is required.
The YMCA never denies membership and program access due to inability to pay. In fact, the YMCA subsidizes thousands of dollars annually to children, families, and adults who are experiencing financial hardship.
38th Annual Sustaining Drive Goal: $45,000
WHY DOES THE YMCA NEED YOUR SUPPORT?
To Help Solve Common Problems of Youth and Families in Christian County. With your support the YMCA will continue to provide many children, adults, and families with the opportunity to participate in YMCA programs and memberships.