Homeschool P.E. Program
For the first time ever, the Christian County YMCA is offering a P.E. program for homeschooled children in our community. The Y offers this gym and swim program for members and non-members alike. Children will be grouped according to age and there will be a land component and a water component. The program is 8 weeks in duration, lasting from January 8th – February 28th, 2019.
Who: Home-school students ages K – 12th grade.
Where: The Christian County YMCA
When: Every Tuesday, beginning January 8th, 2019, from 9:15 am – 11 am.
- Program is for children 5 – 18 years of age
- Class is offered on Tuesday mornings, beginning January 8th, 2019, 9:15 am – 11 am
- Children may be divided into groups, based on age
- Participants can start at anytime; pro-rated fees will be used when starting after the middle of the month
- Parents are welcome to stay and observe
- Minimum of 8 children must be registered for the program to execute
- Children under 8 years of age must have a parent in the building while program is underway
- Instructional swim time is not free swim time for siblings
- No inflatable devices are used during aquatic instruction
- Snorkels and masks are not permitted. Goggles are preferred, but not mandatory
- A shower is required before entering our Aquatic Center facility
- Swimwear is required, basketball shorts and other articles of clothing are not permitted in the water
- Swim evaluations will be conducted to determine current swim level
- Sports units and fitness center equipment education will be included in the physical education curriculum
- Cardio exercise, teamwork and social interaction will be emphasized
For any questions about the program overview, please contact Andrea Bach: email@example.com.
These fees represent an 8 week program, including 1 day per week using the gym & swim areas.
1 Child = $48
2 Children = $86
3 Children = $114
4 Children = $132
1 Child = $68
2 Children = $122
3 Children = $162
4 Children = $192
Families which have over four children will not be charged further.
For planning purposes, registration must accompany payment and be completed by close of business on January 2nd, 2019.